One of the ways that the congregations involved in TrueCity live out our commitment to one another is by joining together in collaborative events. Here is a list of the events that will take place over the coming year–
- Ride for Refuge–On Saturday, October 15th we will come together to try and change the world by riding our bikes! The Ride for Refuge, is a family-friendly cycling fundraiser that supports those who are displaced, vulnerable and exploited. Churches and ministries from across the city will come together for a great day of riding and relating, the impact of which is felt all over the world. Click here for the details on the Hamilton Ride.
- Christmas Hampers–a number of the churches involved in the TrueCity movement provide hampers for people on the margins. This year we are exploring ways of collaborating in how we do hampers in order to strengthen and extend this ministry. If you are interested in learning more you can e-mail Paul Havercroft or Cathy Fairley
- Pulpit Exchange–on February 5th the churches that make up the TrueCity will welcome pastor/leaders from other congregations involved in the movement to their pulpits as a tangible expression of our relationship with one another.
- Conference–On February 24-25 we will hold the TrueCity Conference at Philpott Memorial Church. Click here for more details or e-mail James Dean or Dave Witt.
- 24/7 Prayer Room–In partnership with the Greater Ontario House of Prayer we will do a week of 24/7 prayer from Friday, February 24th until Friday, March 2nd. This will be held in “The Vine” at the corner of Park and Vine Street in downtown Hamilton.
- InConcert–On Friday, March 2nd we will hold a collaborative coffeehouse that will feature musical talent from various TrueCity congregations.
- CrossCulture–Youth “worship through service” event–Fall and Spring The Fall 2011 event was held on October 1st. Click here for a description of that event. The next event is scheduled for March 31st. Click here for more details.
- Backpack Project–In partnership with Start2Finish, congregations involved in TrueCity raise funds, pack, and distribute backpacks to children in Hamilton through the Public and Catholic school boards. Click here for a description of the 2011 effort.