Arts at the Conference 2009
As in past years we are working to create space for us to experience and appreciate the perspective, beauty and power that the arts provide for us. There are two projects that everyone has the opportunity to participate in at this year’s conference which will take place on February 20-21.
Sounds of the City–Coffeehouse
-This year’s coffeehouse will take place at the Freeway (333 King Street East which is at the northwest corner of King and Wellington) it will start at 9:30 PM
-We are looking for musical groups and other performing artists who want to do short sets during the coffeehouse.
-There will be no cover charge for the evening–everyone is welcome whether they are attending the conference or not
-If you are interested to participate in the coffeehouse please contact Sue Carr (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Justin Colyn (email@example.com)
Visions of TrueCity–Collaborative Art Project
– 7 artists will each be provided with a 3’X4′ canvas and one theme (taken from TrueCity’s Vision & Values and included below).
– Each artist will develop a concept for her/his canvas (based on his/her assigned theme) before the conference.
– For a few hours on the Friday evening of the conference, each artist will work on his/her canvas in a space provided, with conference goers there watching and hopefully, participating in the creation of each canvas.
Each artist will then take his/her canvas home to “finish” and return the completed pieces to TrueCity to display at next year’s conference.
if you are interested to participate please contact Karyn Black (firstname.lastname@example.org)
– We want the artists to be working not only alongside each other, but alongside the conference attendees. This means each canvas concept should include space for others to portray their ideas, thoughts and stories on the canvas.
– We will provide canvasses, drop cloths, tables, easels & limited supplies (paint, pencils etc.). Artists are welcome to bring additional supplies and their own easel (if they have one).
We are looking for artists to do this in a volunteer capacity as we do not have the funds to remunerate you for your work. Artists are however, welcome to bring business cards to share.
The themes for the project are drawn from the seven core values of TrueCity